KOBE BEEF SLIDERS
Yields 6 Sliders
- 1 lb Ground Wagyu Beef (A5 Grade) 80/20 Lean to Fat or a high quality ground beef
- 1 cup Stubbs Texas BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Sunchang Korean Gochujang hot pepper paste
- 1 cup Kimchi, minced & drained
- 3 slices Aged cheddar cheese, each slice cut into 4 mini squares
- 3 tsp White truffle oil
- 6 pieces Kings Hawaiian Bun or Slider bun of choice
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 bunch Baby arugula
- Split the meat up into six 2.6 oz portions and lightly roll up into a ball. Place onto a pre-chilled dish or tray to help keep cool during portioning process
- In a bowl, mix the Texas BBQ & Gochujang until smooth and reserve.
- Pre-heat a grill or shallow pan and add canola oil.
- With your hands, lightly press a pre-portioned slider ball flat. It is important not to over work the meat to obtain a juicy and tender final product. Place the pressed slider meat onto your cooking pan and lightly dust with salt.
- As the slider meat is cooking, lightly toast your bread on the inside only, in a toaster oven.
- Once the bun is golden brown spread 1/2 tablespoon of BBQ Gochujang sauce on the bottom half of bun. Add the minced kimchi also to the bun.
- After about 4 minutes, flip the slider and get another light dust of salt.
- Cook to a medium temperature, about 4 minutes. Place 2 squares of aged cheddar cheese on top of the beef in the final 2 minutes of cooking.
- Place the beef onto the bottom half of the bun and top with another 1/2 tablespoon of BBQ Gochujang & 1/2 teaspoon of white truffle oil.
- Feel free to garnish you slider with a green of your choice. I personally prefer something with light peppery notes such as baby arugula or baby radish.
SERVE & ENJOY!